Page Layout, Art Direction, Graphic Design
The membership magazine may or may not be the main means of communication with the members, but that is the rumor around here.
This publication lists all classes and upcoming programming, gives contact information for department heads, highlights major community events, thanks donors and sponsors, lists rules and regulations for the the campus, and calendars with future events and holiday closings.
It does a lot.
- Storyboard meeting with Art Director (myself), Editor, and program managers
- Art Director (myself) creates working file (InDesign)
- Program managers turn in desired content
- Editor compiles, rewrites, and builds master text document
- Graphic Designer (myself) begins layout/design of pages as content is finalized in document
- Art Director (myself) facilitates proofing and revisions with program managers
- Graphic Designer (myself) completes Prepress preparations
- Graphic Designer (myself) uploads final PDF, print specs, and mailing list